Dr Albert Hunter Colpitts
Dr. A Hunter Colpitts came to Crescent Avenue in May of 1946. He was young and enthusiastic and soon endeared himself to the congregation. It was during this time that the sanctuary was remodeled to its current state. The Congregation grew in number and it was decided that two services should be held each Sunday and a second full-time pastor was installed. In 1960, the lot south of the church was bought and the church was expanded with a new Children and Youth Center. Martha Hemphill was the director of the Weekday Church School that was started there. This was a very active and "golden" time for the church. Hunter Colpitts remained at Crescent Avenue for 21 years and during that time he baptized 866 people and brought 225 youth through catechism. He also conceived the idea for the East Wayne Street Center which is now a counseling center for developing a better family life.